> Directory> Gambling> Casino> Games on Casino> Online Baccarat Games> The Banker’s Best Strategy
The Banker’s Best Strategy
 

The banker's strategy is more complex because of his greater number of options:

If His Count Is
Action
0, 1,2
Draw
3
Stay if the player draws on 8, otherwise draw
4
Stand if the player draws on I, 8, 9, 10; draw if the player stands or draws on 2 through 7
5
Stand if the player draws on I to 3 or 8 to 10; draw if the player stands or draws on 4 through 7
6
Stay if the player draws on I to 5 or 8 to 10, a probability of 1,429/2,288 (approx. 60 percent) if the player stays. Draw if the player draws on 6 or 7, a probability of 85912,288 (approx. 40 percent) if the player stays.
7
Stay
[ 1 ][ 2 ][ 3 ]
 
 
Cards Speak
 
A poker hand doesn't change rank because the holder misreads or misstates it. Perhaps this rule is an outgrowth of video surveillance in casinos and poker rooms, where the tape must be able to confirm that the pot was pushed to the player with the highest hand. Nonetheless, the rule makes sense in your home game because it removes a source of potential arguments. You will find that hands are misread in real poker much less often than in kiddie poker, where the optimal combination of wildcards and community cards can be elusive.

Well, that just about covers it. If you learn these rules, you will know the mechanics of the game as well as most casino players, and you will be able to authoritatively host and adjudicate a real card game in the privacy of your own home. I know it seems like a lot of material now, but as you and your guests play by these rules, they will become second nature. You might not play with the same amounts of money that the world's greatest card players do, but at least you will be playing the same games.
 
eXTReMe Tracker copyrights © 2005 all rights reserved. Online Poker Guru